Disclaimer: The Honeywell H901 is a NIOSH KN95 respirator
This is a case of 600 NIOSH KN95 respirators manufactured by Honeywell.
- The nose pad with imported sealing material, with high adhesion, soft and comfortable characteristics, reduce the constriction to nose, more comfortable
- Large internal space enhance more air circulation, provides user comfortable
These NIOSH KN95 respirators have been rated according to the requirements under China's GB 2626-2006 standard.
A May 22, 2018 test conducted by the Shanghai Institute of Work Safety Science concluded that the product has
- Filter Efficiency exceeds 98% (Standard requires >= 95%)
- Inspiratory Resistance of < 100 pa (Standard requires <=350)
- Expiratory Resistance of < 70 pa(Standard requires <=250)
Honeywell is located in Shanghai, China.
Their NIOSH approval number is 84A-6973.
Intended for industrial, consumer, and commercial use.
Instructions for use are on the product package.
Case dimensions: 21.5 x 17 x 11.5 inches.
Case weight: approx. 13.8 pounds.
Each case of 600 contains 12 boxes x 50 pc/box.
Disclaimer: The Honeywell H901 is a NIOSH KN95 respirator.
The H901 is manufactured by Honeywell China Co Ltd. per the GB 2626-2006 standard. It has recently attained CDC NIOSH approval (as an N95 respirator) in the United States, but may have been manufactured and packaged prior to obtaining CDC NIOSH approval, and therefore may not yet bear updated NIOSH labeling. Therefore, it may not be suitable for your medical needs. Please read the following thoroughly before purchasing this mask:
What is a NIOSH KN95?
- KN95 means that it was produced in China for the domestic market, and therefore adheres to Chinese regulations
- NIOSH means it was tested by the CDC’s NIOSH and passed its standards for a NIOSH-approved N95 respirator.
- Click here for a comparison of regulatory standards.
- NIOSH KN95 are masks that pass NIOSH standards but are not typically sold into the American market, and are therefore labeled KN95 given their target (domestic Chinese) market
What are NIOSH and the FDA?
- NIOSH is the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health. It is responsible for conducting research and making recommendations for the prevention of work-related injury and illness. Part of NIOSH’s role is to issue certifications for N95 filtering facepiece respirators, meaning the mask filters at least 95% of airborne particles. Any authentic mask that carries the “N95” certification has been approved by NIOSH.
- FDA is the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Part of its role is The Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) authority, which allows it to “help strengthen the nation’s public health protections against CBRN threats by facilitating the availability and use of MCMs needed during public health emergencies,” which includes approving masks for emergency use during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Honeywell H901 is a NIOSH approved respirator (84A-6973) which is manufactured in China. The following links are certifications by the CDC’s NIOSH that approve it as a NIOSH-certified N95 respirator.
CDC NIOSH-approved N95 FFRs (H)
The Honeywell H901 is an FDA EUA-approved Appendix A mask, which includes “non-NIOSH respirators authorized by this Umbrella EUA for emergency use during the COVID-19 public health emergency.” As of April 3, 2020, the H901 mask is a part of Appendix A. Notably, however, there is a contradiction between the FDA categorization of the H901 mask as an “Authorized Imported, Non-NIOSH Approved Respirators Manufactured in China” and NIOSH’s categorization of the H901 mask as a “NIOSH approved respirator (84A-6973) which is manufactured in China.” Therefore, we hesitate to label the Honeywell H901 explicitly as a NIOSH N95 respirator, even though the issuing entity, NIOSH, has approved it as such.
We make sure our products are verified and vettedView Test Report